Life on the Coast
Life on the Coast is a free mobile app and annual digital magazine highlighting the people, places, and businesses that line the shore from Rhode Island to Maine. In addition to more than a dozen full-length articles by professional writers and photographers, Life on the Coast presents boaters and other coastal enthusiasts with an interactive account of the activities of many of the region's finest coastal businesses -- all in their own words and through stunning color photographs. Every page has been optimized for the iPad in both landscape and portrait orientations; the entire issue is also viewable on an iPhone or directly through a web browser.
Whether you view these stories and photos by swiping on your iPad or by clicking on your computer, time spent exploring Life on the Coast will give you an unparalleled view into New England's coastal culture.
"You've done a great job with a format (i.e. on-line magazine) that can be unwieldy. But Life on the Coast is quite intuitive and well-oiled. Tons of good stuff in the first edition -- even the ads are interesting!" -- Linda Lesher, Washington, DC
"Life on the Coast 2013 includes a great article by USHarbors on Newport's running of the Americas Cup World Series event and how we are poised for the future of large marine events. USHarbors has become a leader in marine directories in the USA." -- Brad Read, Executive Director, Sail Newport
How to Use Life on the Coast
To help you navigate between the stories and photographs in Life on the Coast, we've grouped them into the three subject areas we love most: Harbors, Boats, and Homes. At the opening of each section we've included a table of contents for that particular section. Tap on any story or business and you'll be whisked right to that page.
A few features to note:
• Tap the bottom of every page to launch a toolbar with thumbnails of every page and an index of businesses participating in Life on the Coast. You can also use this toolbar to search the entire issue.
• Tap the email address of any business and you'll instantly queue up an email directly to that company -- perfect for contacting the dockmaster at a new marina or an architect who appears to share your taste.
• Tap the company's web address or logo and you'll immediately launch their website -- but without leaving the page you're on. When you're done exploring the Web, close the window and keep reading Life on the Coast.
• Tap the red button on each business page and you'll launch that company's enhanced page on USHarbors.com, our online coastal guide to more than 1,200 harbors across the country. Here you can view more of the company's photographs, read their latest posts, tips, and videos, and see on a map exactly where to find them. (You can also check the tides and weather while you're there.)
• Share Life on the Coast through a single tap on the menu within the toolbar. We hope you will, too, because we believe the stories we've brought together are far too wonderful to keep to ourselves.
Life on the Coast is produced annually by USHarbors. (c)2014 All rights reserved. No part of this product may be reproduced in any form without written permission from the publisher.
Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors, Inc.
218 South Main St., Suite 300
Rockland, ME 04841
We look forward to meeting you on the coast!